Thursday, February 9, 2017

Review: A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart













Title: A Thousand Letters

Author: Staci Hart

Genre: Contemporary Romance

Release Date: February 9, 2017

Rating: 5/5 Stars





Blurb


Sometimes your life is split by a single decision.

I’ve spent every day of the last seven years regretting mine: he left, and I didn’t follow. A thousand letters went unanswered, my words like petals in the wind, spinning away into nothing, taking me with them.

But now he’s back.

I barely recognize the man he’s become, but I can still see a glimmer of the boy who asked me to be his forever, the boy I walked away from when I was young and afraid.

Maybe if he’d come home under better circumstances, he could speak to me without anger in his voice. Maybe if I’d said yes all those years ago, he’d look at me without the weight of rejection in his eyes. Maybe if things were different, we would have had a chance.

One regretted decision sent him away. One painful journey bought him back to me. I only wish I could keep him.

*A contemporary romance inspired by Jane Austen’s Persuasion*








Review

A Thousand Letters was a riveting story that had touched me in more ways than one.  It was such a beautiful story.  Very emotional!  I cried so many times throughout this book, even at the beginning.  I couldn't  help but fall in love with the characters.  These characters felt so raw and real to me. The story itself was so real and raw.   Everything they were feeling and experiencing, I felt as if I was there with them.  This book had so much power!  Had such a huge impact on me. Every word was breathtakingly beautiful and perfect.  My heartstrings were pulled and tugged in every way.  I just could not get enough of it.  

Wade is a very complicated, broken man.  He has loved and lost so much that he doesn't know who is anymore. When receiving the worse news he could get, he left for war angry and hurt.  Seven years later, he perfected a mask to hide his feelings.  He has this huge wall built up to not let anything or anyone through, especially Elliot.  She could completely destroy him and he knew it.  I really did love Wade.  He was going through so much with his dad that he couldn't handle Elliot on top of it.  It was just all too much for him and he didn't know how to handle it.  To deal with it.  He ran.  He would take and take from Elliot, but never give.  Yes, I really wanted to smack him at times.  Several times actually.  But he did eventually man up and quit running.  Started to make amends with everyone that he hurt.  I loved seeing that softer side of him.

Elliot was the sweetest and most caring person, and I loved that about her.  She always gave everything she could and never got anything in return.  Her life was turned all around for her so called family.  I wanted to hug her, and yet at the same time, scream at her.  Tell her to stand up for herself and leave them!!  Gosh, her family was absolutely horrible. I was so proud of her for not being like them since she was raised with them.  You would think she would have turned out like that being taught that way.  But she didn't.  She always put others before herself.  Some would call her a doormat, but she wasn't. Elliot just didn't let them get to her.  And she was suffering a lot of pain as well.  She was so close to Wade's dad, and she also had to deal with Wade on top of all that.  I loved seeing her finally show her backbone and stand up for herself.  Her true strength finally came out.

I loved Wade's and Elliot's relationship.  They had that connection, that true love that everyone hopes to have one day.  They understood each other like no other.  Even years apart, they don't forget each other.  Still suffer pain and longing for their missing piece. 

I loved how everything came together at the end.  When Wade brings Elliot that box showing her all what it contained, my heart just melted.  Brought tears to my eyes.  That was his defining moment for me. That made me look at him with a whole new light.

I love reading the poetry in this book.  There is poetry at the beginning of each chapter and some throughout the whole book.  I was completely shocked with the revelation at the end with the poetry.  That made me love this story even more! I also loved how Wasted Words was mentioned as well!! I screamed and yelled over that!!

A Thousand Letters is a second chance romance inspired by Jane Austen's Persuasion.  Staci simply outdone herself with this amazing masterpiece.  This book was filled with love, loss, pain and angst.  And boy oh boy, did she write the angst so well.  Once I started this book, I couldn't put it down.  Each page, each chapter, left me wanting so much more.  I have no words to describe how much I loved this book.  This is one story that will always stay with me and never leave.  This book is utter perfection.  It is a MUST read!!!








Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited










Author Bio






Staci has been a lot of things up to this point in her life: a graphic designer, an entrepreneur, a seamstress, a clothing and handbag designer, a waitress. Can't forget that. She's also been a mom, with three little girls who are sure to grow up to break a number of hearts. She's been a wife, even though she's certainly not the cleanest, or the best cook. She's also super, duper fun at a party, especially if she's been drinking whiskey. Her favorite word starts with f and ends with k.

From roots in Houston, to a seven year stint in Southern California, Staci and her family ended up settling somewhere in between and equally north, in Denver. They are new enough that snow is still magical. When she's not writing, she's sleeping, cleaning, or designing graphics.


Author Links











No comments:

Post a Comment