Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Review: Crown of Lies by Pepper Winters



Title: Crown of Lies
Author: Pepper Winters
Publication: January 31st, 2017
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Synopsis

"I met the man I wanted. But then he vanished, and a new man claimed me instead. My father approved, my colleagues congratulated, and behind closed doors, I was bedded by a stranger."

Noelle Charlston lives a fairy-tale life: a doting father, a powerful job, and a future blessed with financial security.

However, two meetings with two men changes her happy existence forever. First, she meets the man who makes her heart sing. Three years later, she meets the man who makes her blood quiver.

Broken-hearted from a teenage romance, Noelle's freedom is no longer hers. It belongs to the stranger her father believes is her perfect match. The stranger who pulls his lies over everyone he touches.

Including her.

Seduced and manipulated, Noelle gives into the mysterious Penn Everett. The lies he spins, the truth he hides, the mystery he weaves--it's all enough to slowly erode the woman she is and turn her into something else.

Until her past collides with her present.

And it's her turn to lie.

To everyone...including herself.



 Review

Crown of Lies is a gripping, dark, erotic story with a twist. It shocked me to the core and left me completely breathless.  I haven't read any of Pepper Winter's books before so this is my first.  I absolutely loved it!!  Everything about it!!  This story drew me in, and I could not put it down.  Each chapter left me wanting more.  I had to know what happened next.

Noelle wanted to have one night to herself.  One night to experience the world, to experience being free.  On a whim, she changed her clothes and left to experience the beauty of city she lived in. Just for one night.  Even though the city was beautiful, she was so unaware of the dangers that lurked.  That one night, caused everything in her life to shift.  To change.  That one night she felt a connection she has never felt before. Then lost it.

Now, Elle lives with the guilt of not finding what happened to the guy who made her feel things she has never felt before.  The one guy who became her savior when she needed him.  Instead, she is faces Penn head on.  And he is arrogant, pushy and loves to take control.  They strike a deal that leads them on a journey of passion and self discovery. 
 
Elle was a character that I started love more and more throughout the book.  In a way, I felt so sorry for her.  At such a young age, she was raised to take over Belle Elle.  Her whole life was brought up around that place.  She had no friends, never got to experience anything children, teenagers got to experience.  She even dropped out of school since her life was already planned out.  Even though it left her beyond wealthy, she was still a sweet, caring person.  Never judged others.  Helped the homeless with what extra she had on her.
Penn is a man of many mysteries.  There were many moments that I loved him, and many moments where I disliked him.  I wanted to throttle him sometimes.  But, then I got those moments.  Those shared moments with Elle that I got a glimpse of his soft side.  He intrigues me.  I am very curious as to why he is they way he is.  I don't know if he is being who he truly is or simply putting on a front. I want to know who this man is!!!

Crown of Lies was an enthralling read that evoked so many emotions from me.  I loved how everything was a mystery to me.  Had me guessing.  I don't even know what to think about the huge revelation.  I still can't get that out of my head. That twist I did not see coming at all.  I thought I had it all figured out, but I may be completely wrong.  Honestly, I had no clue that this was going to be a duet.  So I was very surprised with the cliffhanger at the end.  It made me happy though! I wanted more of this story so I can't wait to see how and where Pepper Winter's takes us on the second installment.

I also want to say that I am so in love with the cover of this book!! It is absolutely stunning! Major cover love!








No comments:

Post a Comment