Monday, March 27, 2017

Review: Drawn to You by Ker Dukey

Title: Drawn to You
Author: Ker Dukey
Publication: June 27th, 2015
Rating: 4/5 Stars

Synopsis

Antonia McNally has a great family, a great boyfriend, and a great future… until she finds herself interrupting a robbery and becoming the victim of a ruthless criminal. When she witnesses brutal murder, abuse and suffers her own traumatizing assault by his hand, her life changes forever. When love, loyalty, and strength are tested, the weak falter.

Moving away to the States offers her a fresh start; however, confident, successful Finlay Hayes, her best friend’s Brother adds even more chaos to her already turbulent emotions. When she can’t decide between ripping him a new one or ripping his clothes off, one thing is for sure, they both have an unquenchable craving for each other. When life starts looking a little brighter it’s not long before the storm clouds roll in. All is never what it appears and under his good looks and in charge attitude, Finlay has a past of his own and secrets that can destroy the dynamics of the friendships she has built.

Secrets are waiting to be spilled, but at what cost?




 ~~Review~~

Drawn to You was a fun, fast-paced story that had me completely hooked from the very beginning.  I could not put this book down.  I didn't want to.  This story had so many characters with different personalities, and I fell in love with each and every one of them.  When I found out this was a new adult contemporary romance, I couldn't wait to read it. 

Antonia suffered from a very traumatic experience.  She decided to move in with her friend Gaby, until her new apartment was ready.  Little did she know Finlay, would be there the very first day.  And the connection with them was instant.  I wish they did spend more time to get to know each other.  I think everything that happened with them happened way too quickly.  Antonia was searching for hope and in moving, she found a new home.  A new family.  She wants to face the demons of her past and move on. 

Finlay was sweet and just flat out hot.  He ends up giving Antonia his whole heart.  I could tell he was new to the whole love thing.  He was a womanizer until Antonia came into the picture.  But he did want to change for her.  What I didn't like about Finlay was his temper and jealousy.  He did act like a child at times.  And yes, I do love see the guys get jealous in the books, but Finlay went overboard with it. He was just so immature.  I am really hoping he changes and gets his act together.  But, Finlay does have secrets.  And when those secrets come out, everything changes for everyone.

Gavin was my favorite character.  I just loved his personality.  He was a huge womanizer, but I think there is a lot more to him than that.  He just hasn't found the right woman yet.  Gavin was hilarious.  Loved his jokes and comments.  Loved the banter.  He was a very loyal man and just very loving.  He was always there for the people he cared about. 

Finlay, Gaby, Brad, Gavin, Gabe, Libby and Antonia all became so very close.  And I loved this friendship they had.  They would do anything for each other and protect each other, because were one huge family.  They all were always together for the most part.  Either crashing at Antonia's, Gaby's or Finlay's.  This group accepted Antonia in from the very beginning and then Libby as well.  These friends did have their battles with each other.  But they always worked through it.

 This book had so many secrets and twists.  I was waiting for it all to unravel and then BOOM!!!  Got hit with a several twists at the end that completely shocked me.  I was left thinking what did I just read?  These secrets were completely EPIC!!!  Definite WOW moments!! The drama was off the charts!!! So much drama!!  Loved it!

Drawn to You was a a fantastic read from start to finish. Once I found out that this was a new adult contemporary romance, I couldn't wait to read it.  Ker Dukey did a wonderful job with this story.  I can't wait to read the sequel now!!  I am so excited to see where Ker Dukey takes it!!  She knows how to change things up and completely shock me!!  Can't wait for Lines Drawn!  I also want to say that this cover is absolutely gorgeous!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment