Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Review: Devil You Know by L.A. Fiore

DYK Now live FB 2





the-devil-you-know-for-webTitle: Devil You Know
Author: L.A. Fiore
Publication: March 10th, 2017
Rating: 5/5 Stars


Synopsis

Damian Tate. One look into his sad green eyes and I was hooked. I wanted to be the one to make him laugh, to make him smile. I hadn't expected him to be the one to make me blush, to make me hot...to make me fall in love. He was my first kiss, my first love, my first everything. I wanted forever with him, but life got in the way. 

 He enlisted, I went to college, and for years we were never in the same place long enough to pick up where we left off. 

 Thirteen years after he left, tragedy brings him home. The stoic boy I fell in love with grew into a quiet, dangerous and wildly sexy man. He still tugs on all the right strings for me, but he seems determined to keep me at arm's-length.

However, when trouble comes knocking at my door, he is the one to put himself between that trouble and me.


Spending time with him might drive me insane, or it might be our second chance at first love.



~~Review~~

AMAZING!!!  Epic and Beautiful.  Those are some of the words that I can use to describe this book.  Devil You Know is one of the best second chance romance books that I have read.  This book consumed me from start to finish.  I had no clue what was going on around me when I was pulled into this world of love, heartbreak, suspense and betrayal.  This is one of those books that ripped out my heart and put it back together again.  Devil You Know is my first L.A. Fiore book.  Just wow! I will definitely be reading her other books now.  This book just simply blew me away.  It was utterly captivating.  L.A. Fiore just flat out wrote an amazing book so unlike others.  There weren't any mistakes with this book.  Everything was planned out perfectly and the plot line moved seamlessly.  The character development was spot on.  All of the characters were multidimensional and had depth.  What I also loved about this book was the feelings that it evoked from me.  I felt everything that the characters felt.  I was right there with them.  Laughing, crying, angry and happy.  I felt so many emotions while reading this book.

Thea and Damian met when they were really young.  That connection they had together instantly snapped in place.  There was a pull to each other that couldn't be ripped away.  They fell in love at 17 and that love never disappeared through all the trials and tribulations that they faced.  They are in their early 30's in present time trying to find their way back to each other.  I got to experience, see and feel their whole life together, and it was so devastatingly beautiful.  Heartbreaking and yet powerful. Their whole life was brought out into the pages and it was done masterfully.  I knew who Thea and Damian was. I knew their likes and dislikes.  I experienced everything with them while they were growing up.

I loved and adored the characters in this book. Pretty much all all of them.  They were multi-faceted and had so much depth.  These characters felt so real to me.  They each have their own story to tell, and I am hoping those stories get told.  With this book, I got Thea and Damian's story. In their story, I saw glimpses into the other characters lives so I can't wait until they get a book of their own.  Their personalities are huge and each character is so different.  But when they met, something clicked.  They all were a family.  Thea's family became Anton's and Damian's and I loved that.  I loved how Thea's family opened up their home to those who needed it.  Offered their love when it was needed.  Thea and her family don't judge anyone.  They treat everyone equally until proven wrong.  They truly are great people.

Damian had a horrible life.  His family was just awful and he suffered so much.  But he found love and cherished it.  Anton in a way was a villain and a hero.  I wouldn't really call him a villain, but he did live a dark life at times.  He instantly found love with Thea's family as well.  He was there for her when Damian wasn't.  They grew to love each other as a brother and sister would.  Cam was Thea's twin and they loved each other unconditionally.  Cam and Damian were best friends and had always been best friends when they met so young.  A picture in Cam's wallet changed Damian's whole life.  These four were a true family.  And nothing would tear them apart.

Anton's story is next and I can't wait to get my hands on that book!  He was my absolute favorite!!  Well, they were all my favorite, but there is just something about this man that I need more of.  He is a complete mystery to me.  And yeah, I want him to get a happy ending!  I am also hoping Cam, Razor and Mic get their own book. I need to see more of them.   They all need their story told!! There is so much more to these characters.  So much beneath the eyes. 

Devil You Know was exquisite.  Mind-blowing!  Words cannot express how much I loved this book.  How much I cherished it.  I can't get these characters and their story out of my head.  This story is a new favorite of mine.   A story that is unforgettable.  Devil You Know was unpredictable and took me on a roller coaster ride full of twists and turns.  It was gut wrenching and beautiful all at the same time.  This book is a masterpiece that let me experience and feel so many things.  It is a definite reread for me.  I HIGHLY recommend it!!  It is a MUST read everyone!!


17198887_1859736494243882_1244360875_n

amazonbandnkobo

17199155_1859736464243885_903469688_n

***
17198411_1859736490910549_127362343_n

Devil You Know Teaser January 31 



Devil You Know Teaser January 31(1)



***



17141757_1859736474243884_1282614022_n

logo 



L.A. Fiore is the author of several books including: Beautifully Damaged, Waiting for the One and A Glimpse of the Dream. She's also the social secretary for her two children, a tamer of ill-mannered cats, the companion to one awesome dog and married to her best friend. She likes her wine red, her shrimp chilled and her social gatherings small and intimate.

17199005_1859736430910555_875787244_n 

websitefbtwitterigamazongoodreads(1)newsletter



***


Devil You Know Release GIF

No comments:

Post a Comment