Thursday, July 10, 2014

Review: Escapement by Ciara Knight

Title: Escapement
Series: The Neumarian Chronicles
Author: Ciara Knight
Published: February 26th, 2013
Pages: 337
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Synopsis

Ten years after the great war of 2185 the queen’s reign is threatened by uprisings and fear. In celebration of my sixteenth birthday it is my duty as princess to sacrifice a slave to be initiated into the ruling council, solidifying my mother’s empire. When my own erratic powers surface I’m captured and tried for treason. Slaves hate me, my mother wants me executed, and my only chance of survival rests in the hands of a young man, Ryder Arteres, whose sister I sentenced to death.





Review

Escapement was a riveting story that reeled me in and never let me go. I could not put this book down. I didn't want to. What I loved about this book was its uniqueness and originality. I haven't read another book like it so that makes it even more special. The world building was well crafted and well thought out. I felt as if I was right there with the characters, experiencing everything they felt. I was able to see what they saw, feel what they felt. This story was written beautifully. The character development was spot on. The characters grew so much by the end of this book. That is what makes them so real and lifelike.

I adored the characters in Escapement. Ryder, Raeth, Semara and Bendar were my favorites. I feel as if I could be friends with them if they really existed. Princess Semara wasn't anything like her mother, but everyone believed her to be especially Ryder. She had to constantly prove to herself and the others that she wasn't. I loved how she would always put the others before herself. Always sacrificing herself to save the others. Semara was no damsel in distress. She always fault and never gave up. I was able to relate to her in that way. Raeth is Ryder's sister and I wanted to jump in the book and protect her myself. She is such a sweetheart. She was no weakling either. She fault until the end too. I felt really bad with what happened to her, but to me, that made her stronger. And that shows how tough she really is. Ryder and his smexiness!!! I couldn't help but love him. He was big and tough on the outside, but such a sweetheart on the inside. It was nice to a guy's softer side. That's what makes them real. I loved seeing how he was with his sister and how protective he was over Semara and Raeth. I can't wait to see what happens between those two. It was so endearing watching these three characters become each other's family because they have no one else. Bendar was a very mysterious character. I was glad that I got a little insight about him at the end of the story. He is a sweetheart.

Escapement was a phenomenal book that I will definitely reread. This story full of action, mystery, adventure, suspense and romance. I have no words how wonderful this book was. It was a real page turner. I was constantly turning page after page, because I had to know what happened next. The ending definitely left me waiting more!!! I can't wait to start the next book. Escapement was the first book I read of Ciara's and it won't be the last!!! I highly recommend this book!!!! It is a MUST read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment