Monday, January 9, 2017

No Bad Days by J. Sterling: Review


Title: No Bad Days
Author: J. Sterling
Release Date: January 9th, 2017
Rating: 5/5 Stars


Synopsis

Nick Fisher is State’s most eligible bachelor—confident, creative, and driven—and is completely aware that every girl he knows is trying to land him. But Nick is more than the marketing genius everyone sees on the outside. In fact, his life is far more complicated than anyone suspects . . . even his own brothers.

Jess Michaelson knows she shouldn’t want Nick like all the other girls do, but she’s crazy about him anyway. How could anyone resist those charms? When he focuses his attention on her, she has no idea what she’s truly in for.

Sometimes love is hard.
But it’s worth the fight.



 Review

I am going to start off by saying that No Bad Days simply blew me away.  I can't get this book, these characters, out of my head. This book pulled me in from the start, and it didn't let go.  I could not put it down.  Each chapter left me wanting more, and I had to know what happened next. This book really pulled at my heartstrings, because I really adored these characters. I felt as if I knew them, as if I was right there with them.  I really really LOVED this story!!  I honestly didn't want it to end! 

If I had ever thought that my world had crashed around me before, I had been wrong.  Dead wrong.  Because in that moment, the sun dropped from the sky and fell into the sea, leaving the world shrouded in the darkest shade of black.

Nick was the popular guy at school.  President of his fraternity.  Everyone followed him, and every female wanted to be with him.  Nick had dating rules though.  He would never date a female that one of his fraternity brothers dated.  I really liked that about that him. So when he saw Jess, he knew she was fair game.  What I loved about Nick was that he was so much more than he appeared to be.  He actually wanted a meaningful relationship, but never found the right girl.  So Jess got to see sides of him that no one else saw. 

I'm coming.  I miss you so damn much.  I can't do this without you anymore.  You need to come home.  I need you.  I love you.
Jess had a huge dream of working in the entertainment industry. Nothing and no one would change her mind on her course.  Jess also had a huge crush on the most popular guy at school, Nick.  She never thought she had a chance with him, but he shows up in her class that they both share, and the flirtation began.  Nick wanted more, but Jess played hard to get.  She was making him work for it and I loved that about her. And Nick did too.  The times spent with Nick, Jess realized that there is more to him than meets they eye.  And he only shows it to her.

Your whole being is distracting

I loved the chemistry between Nick and Jess.  It was intense!  Something happens though that changes everything.  And Nick puts Jess first.  I admit, sometimes I wanted to slap both of these characters to knock some sense into them, but they believed that they were honestly doing what was best for the other person.  So I couldn't fault them for that.  No matter what, they believed it would all work out in the end.

That caveman inclination to come rescue the girl who didn't need rescuing turned parts of me to silk

Ryan and Frank, Nick's brothers, were absolutely hilarious!  They had me laughing so much!  Both brothers seem to have a lot going on and have secrets as well so I am hoping their stories get told.  And plus, I am wanting to see more Nick and Jess.  If Nick and Jess doesn't get another book, I would love to see them pop up in these two stories!

I know you probably don't think I have, because you haven't been the one dishing it out to me, but I swear to you that I've suffered on a daily basis without you.  Please don't make me suffer any more if it's not what you really want.  Don't try to prove a point here.  It's only wasting time, and I don't want to waste any more time without you.

No Bad Days was a beautiful, enthralling story that definitely gave me all the feels.  I was literally kept on the edge of my seat the entire time.  This story was full passion, love, heartbreak and secrets. Jenn did a fantastic job with this story!  It is a definite reread for me.  Come on, who wouldn't want Nick in their life.  This book is a MUST read!!!    

No comments:

Post a Comment