Sunday, November 2, 2014

Review: Fall From Grace by Ciara Knight

Title: Fall From Grace
Series: Battle For Souls #2
Author: Ciara Knight
Publication: September 29th, 2014
Pages: 226
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Synopsis

Gabby Moore’s powers emerge years too early due to adolescent hormones, complications with loving a fallen angel, and constant demon attacks. She is forced to deal with the guilt of believing she murdered Alexander’s “mother,” while trying to stop the demonic war before it begins. Only the love and acceptance of friends, family, and her beloved Alexander can save her from turning to her demonic side.






Review

Fall From Grace picks up right where Rise From Darkness left off.  I was so glad I got to read this book right after and not wait!!!  Fall From Grace was a beautifully written story that drew me in from page one.  I couldn't turn the pages fast enough!!!  It was a real page turner. Ciara's new take on angel lore is so interesting, and I haven't read another book like it.  I loved all the secrets and surprises that happen in this book.  I was completely shell-shocked with a few things that I did not see coming.  And boy oh boy, I got teary eyed with this one.  

Gabby is trying to understand and control the powers that possess her.  Her full powers aren't suppose to come for a year or so but she feels them coming.  She has had huge outbursts of power, but doesn't tell anyone.   Gabby's visions still come out of no where and trying to control them is difficult.  I adored Gabby in this book.  She has grown a lot in this book.   Gabby really wants to soulbond with Alexander and after realizing she never can, she makes a decision that hurts them both. Living with the guilt of killing Grace, she begins to search for answers.  There may be a way to bring Grace back, but what is the cost?  Alexander has had feelings for Gabby from the very beginning.  I love the way he treats her and how protective he is of her.  He is always there no matter what.  He really wants to soulbond with her but knows that he can't because she isn't a pure angel.  I adore Samantha's and Boons relationship.  They are two of my favorite characters in this series.  I love finally learning what Boon truly his and the story behind it.  

Fall From Grace was a fun fast paced story full of action, romance, mystery and suspense  This is a YA novel so there is also some teenage angst in there which I love!!!  There were so many twists in this book that I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Fall From Grace was just flat out EPIC!!!!  I have fallen in love with the characters in this series and the their stories as well.  I can't wait to see where Ciara takes us with the Ascension of Evil!!!!  Can't wait to read it!!!  I highly recommend this book!!!!!  It is a MUST read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment