Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Review: Auracle by Gina Rosati

Auracle Title: Auracle
  Author: Gina Rosati
  Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
  Released: August 7th, 2012
  Buy: Amazon  Barnes & Noble
  Rating: 5 Stars



16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.

When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them.

I am very thankful that Gina sent me a signed ARC of Auracle.  I will treasure it forever.

I was very excited about reading this book early.  This is the first book I have read about astral projection.  That itself makes this book phenomenal.  It was very nice to be able to read something different.  It would be very cool to astrally project.  The places and things Anna gets to see are truly amazing. 

I truly adored the characters.  Well, most of them anyway.  I really wanted to hurt Taylor.  What she put Anna, Rei, and Seth through, was truly horrible.  By the end of the story though, I did sympathize with her.  Anna was a great antagonist.  She was hilarious, kind and always putting others before herself which made her easy to relate to.  She also had issues with her home life as do many of us.  She faced a lot of struggles and still cam out out strong and passionate.  Rei is definitely swoon-worthy!!!!  He is so protective over his friends, especially Anna.  He has been her rock since they were little.  I just loved that the characters seemed so believable, life-like. 

Gina's writing style was very descriptive and beautiful.  This book had me on the edge of my seat.  I had no clue what was going to happen.

I am all about the romance in the stories.  Rei and Anna are best friends.  Through everything they face during this story, their feelings grow stronger and deeper.  I really loved that about this book.  This isn't no love at first sight type of book.

Favorite quote/scene:  I had to pick two for this one.

There cannot be a better place anywhere in the universe than right here, lying next to Rei.  I rest my hand on his chest, just over his heart, and he weaves his fingers through mine.  It's an almost perfect moment. But what would I do for this boy I have known for my entire life?  Would I give up the keys to the universe?  I would.

He leans up to meet me halfway, and connection between us is audible, like a seat belt clicking together.  Like a key opening a lock.  Like the first bite of a warm cinnamon roll with melted icing, his kiss is warm and sweet and tender.  I can't help it, "Mmmmm" just slips out, and I feel his lips smile against mine.  He moves his hand down my back and rolls us over so I'm on the bottom, and deep inside my stomach, there's an insatiable feeling that I could just stay right here kissing Rei until....the bottom of the world drops out.
  
I am going to stop that quote right there.  It is one of the funniest quotes in the story.  I can't help laughing every time I read it.  You all will have to read this book to see what happens next. 

I  can describe the cover of this book with one word. Beautiful. It has to be one of my favorite covers ever made.  
  
Auracle is an AMAZING debut.  I wish this wasn't a standalone.  I want to read more about Anna and Rei.  I can't wait to read more of Gina's stories.

    




 







4 comments:

  1. Awesome Blog and review!! I'm so happy for you, for your blog page. Very exciting!!! I just became a follower. Can't wait to read more of your reviews. Congratulation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary!!! I can't wait until the designs are finished. I will be posting a giveaway tomorrow with this book, and it is SIGNED!!! Plus I will have some swag packs made my Gina herself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the awesome giveaway. Would love to win. julierupert@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. astral projection at will would be so fun!!
    earthdancedaph@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete