Monday, April 13, 2015

Review: Kyle's Return by L.P. Dover

Title: Kyle's Return
Author: L.P. Dover
Publication: April 7th, 2015
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Synopsis

I promised myself I’d stay away from dangerous men, but I couldn’t live up to that when Kyle Andrews came back to town. He’s a manipulator, a guy who’ll do whatever it takes to get what he wants, sabotaging anyone who gets in the way. After a fatal fight left him wounded, his UFC career came to a close. He has nothing, but he’s determined to get it all back.

My name is Megan. I’ve known violence, pain, and what it feels like to be scared to live another day. All of that changed the moment I refused to be a victim. Now that my psychotic ex, Alex, can’t find me, I’ve been given a second chance. I owe my life to my friends. The same goes for Kyle. Without him, I wouldn’t be able to feel.

Everyone hates him. But for the life of me I don’t. There’s something about him I can’t ignore. Being with Kyle makes me want it all. However, in loving a hated man, I didn’t know it’d bring the life I fled from back to haunt me. Everywhere I go danger lurks and bad things happen. Kyle believes it’s because of him, but I’m starting to think otherwise. I think Alex has found me, and if so, this time he’s not going to let me go.
 



Review

Kyle's Return was a fabulous, wonderful and exciting conclusion to the Gloves Off series.  I think we all pretty much were waiting on Kyle's book.  I know I was was.  Kyle has been such a villain so it was nice to see him slowly change and realize all the things he lost.  So in this book, Kyle seeks forgiveness from everyone he has hurt especially his own sister.  But also he protects and falls in love with the one person who gives him a chance and sees past everything he has done.

Megan has had a rough time with her ex.  She has done everything in her power to get away from him.  But if he can't have her, no one can.  I love what a kick butt character Megan is.  She has changed so much.  Megan went from letting her ex beat on her to finally kicking his butt and sticking up for herself.  She is no longer a weak person.  I hated Kyle through the whole series, but then fell in love with him in this book.  He really has changed after realizing how much he lost.  He struggled to find his way, but with Megan believing in him, he found it.  He never gave up.

Kyle's Return was completely epic!!!!  I loved this book so much but I am so sad to see this series end.  I feel like I have been reading about these fighters for a long time and I don't want to let them go.  LP did a fantastic job on creating and developing characters that everyone can't help but fall in love with including Kyle.  I can't wait to see what LP has in store for us next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment