Friday, December 19, 2014

Review: Weighted by Ciara Knight

Title: Weighted (Novella 0.5)
Series: The Neumarian Chronicles
Author: Ciara Knight
Published: August 2012
Pages: 42
Rating: 5/5 Stars

Synopsis

The Great War of 2185 is over, but my nightmare has just begun. I am being held captive in the Queen’s ship awaiting interrogation. My only possible ally is the princess, but I’m unsure if she is really my friend or a trap set by the Queen to fool me into sharing the secret of my gift. A gift I keep hidden even from myself. It swirls inside my body begging for release, but it is the one thing the Queen can never discover. Will I have the strength to keep the secret? I’ll know the answer soon. If the stories are true about the interrogators, I’ll either be dead or a traitor to my people by morning. 


Review

Wow, wow, wow!!!  Weighted took me completely by surprise.  This book was dark, edgy and full of suspense.  It was needed though.  It was great to get that back story of what really happened with Raeth and Semara when they first met.  I have grown to love these two characters and couldn't believe the torture both of them have went through. It was so horrible and so sad.   Weighted is told through Raeth's POV which is all kinds of awesome, because I love her as a character, and after reading Escapement, I wanted to know what happened to her during that time. To also understand what all she went through and be able to connect with her on a deeper level.

Raeth is captured by the Queen and tortured until the queen gets the info she is searching for.  Raeth will not betray her people so suffers the consequences.  This is where we see her lose her leg and and the many different devices used to torture her.  Semara is always there afterward nursing her and telling her to fight.  Raeth debates on whether to trust her or not since Semara is the Queen's daughter.  Semara gets knocked around every time she is caught with Raeth.  But she never shows the pain.  So they bond over this, and Semara hatches up an escape plan in hopes that Raeth will live.  And boy oh boy, what Ryder does to save his sister!!!  WOW!!!

Weighted was a riveting story that had me completely hooked from the very first page.  I had to finish this book as soon as it started, because I had to know what happened.  I am now able to connect with the characters more, because I now understand what they went through.  This book left me so many feels.  I highly recommend this novella!!!!  It is a MUST read!!!  I suggest it is read after Escapement!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment