Friday, May 5, 2017

Review: Raiden's Choice by J.L. Leslie

Title: Raiden's Choice
Author: J.L. Leslie
Publication: April 7th, 2017
Rating: 3/5 Stars

Synopsis

I was raised in a motorcycle club. I saw things no little girl should ever see. Did things no little girl should ever do. That was my life and I loved it. The Ravens taught me about family. Loyalty. Even loss.

Now I live a different life. I'm no longer part of that family. I'm no longer part of the club. I live a life where I pretend to be the person I am. I put on a show for the world and I'm good at it. I've perfected it. At least I thought I had. It didn't take him long to see right through me.

I have a choice to make. Keep playing pretend or finally be who I have always wanted to be.

"When you're ready to stop hiding who you really are, come find me."



  ~~Review~~

 Raiden's Choice is the first book I have read from J.L. Leslie, and it won't be the last.  I really enjoyed this book so much!!  I was immediately drawn into this world full of mystery and romance.  Action and suspense.  Lies and betrayal.  It pulled me in and never let me go.  I loved, loved, loved that this book was set in the MC world.  I have read several books in the MC world, and they have become a new favorite for me.  I couldn't wait to get my hands on this book for that very reason!  

I loved Raiden so much.  This woman was no damsel in distress.  She was a very dangerous and powerful woman.  Raiden knew how to take care of herself and I loved that about her.    With Raiden, not everything is how it seems with her.  She is full of secrets.  She is living one of the biggest secrets for her family.  Or I should say that she is living the biggest lie for her family.  Raiden always puts her family first, and I connected with her so much because of that.  Boy did she play with fire.  Pushed the boundaries. She knew what she wanted and even though it was risky, she fought for it. 

Luka is great guy.  After what happened to his fiance, he didn't want anything to do with any MC gang.  He wanted to stay out of that even though he loved riding his bike.  But Luka's brother is in trouble so Luka does whatever he can to help his brother.  He gets pulled in every direction being played and used.  Finally he finds where he belongs and takes matters into his own hands.  He fights for what he wants including Raiden.  And I love that about him.  He never gave up no matter the cost.  And wow!  The tables have turned with Luka and his brother.  I can't wait to see how all that plays out.

I immediately fell in love with this story.  But nearing the end, it started to feel very rushed to me.  Everything was leading up to the big moment at the end.  But it ended so quickly and I was left a little disappointed.  I loved the direction that it went, but I wish there was more to it.  I was also a little confused with Griffin at the end. His feelings and just how he reacted wasn't  believable to me.  As much as he was against the motorcycle gangs, he didn't do anything really.  He didn't show any emotion over Raiden and Luka.  It was like he was just void at the end.  With Raiden and Luka, I have very mixed feelings with their relationship.  I wanted more depth to their relationship.  Their relationship moved very fast.  It was mentioned that they talked to each other about their lives, and I needed to see that.  Feel that.  I would have loved to see their relationship grow and develop.  They claimed to have loved each other, but I just didn't feel that.  It felt more lust than love.  Sometimes it felt as if Raiden had a deeper connection with Griffin.  I just really wanted to feel.  I wanted to feel that connection with Raiden and Luka, because I really loved these two characters.

Raiden's Choice was a great story that had me hooked from the very beginning. This book had so many twists and turns.  Secrets and betrayals.  I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.  I loved how J.L. Leslie put a new twist on the MC world.  That gave her huge points from me.  I can't wait to see where she takes us with the next book. I am so excited to see how everything plays out!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment