Friday, February 22, 2013

Review: Flight by Alyssa Rose Ivy

Flight (The Crescent Chronicles, #1)
Title: Flight
Author: Alyssa Rose Ivy
Published: August 16th, 2012
Format: ebook
Pages: 268
Rating: 5/5 stars




FLIGHT Description:

Sometimes you just have to take flight.

A summer in New Orleans is exactly what Allie needs before starting college. Accepting her dad’s invitation to work at his hotel offers an escape from her ex-boyfriend and the chance to spend the summer with her best friend. Meeting a guy is the last thing on her mind—until she sees Levi.

Unable to resist the infuriating yet alluring Levi, Allie finds herself at the center of a supernatural society and forced to decide between following the path she has always trusted or saving a city that might just save her.


 
Mr Review

Flight took me by surprise.  I loved everything about this book. It simply blew me away.  I really loved the paranormal aspect of this book.  Once I found out what Levi and his friends really were I was interested even more.  I have never read a book with that type of supernatural being so it definitely captured my attention.  The descriptions of the scenes and characters were so on point that I was able to picture what each character looked like and everything going on around them.  I love being drawn into a story like that.   Flight was a captivating story that had me hooked after the very first page.  I read this book in one sitting, because I just couldn't put it down.  I couldn't wait to see what happened.

I loved Allie as a character.  She was very easy to connect with.  Allie was very straightforward.  She always stuck up for her self and never backed down.  The banter between Allie and Levi was hilarious.  Loved it!!!  Allie is in New Orleans working at her dads hotel, because he plans on her taking over one day.  Only he doesn't know that she is completely uninterested in that idea. I loved how Allie played hard to get with Levi.  She completely sworn off men, becasue she had no luck with guys, but there was just something about Levi that drew her in.  She fought it for as long as she could.  When Levi let her in on the secret of what he really is, she felt connected to him even more.  Of course, there were other things he didn't tell her until the end of book and they left me shell shocked too.

Levi is just gorgeous personified.  I would marry that man in a heartbeat.  He is so arrogant and sexy.  I loved watching his playboy act dimmer down as he started growing feelings for Allie.  Once he saw her, he knew he wanted her.  Allie challenged him when no other female did.  It left in shock.  He usually had women wanting to be with him.  Levi was very persistent.  Allie kept pushing him away, but he  never gave up.  I don't like what he did to Allie at the end, but I do know he did it out of love.  He was so afraid of losing her and that was a feeling he never had.  So of course, he took matters into his own hands.  Hopefully they get it all worked out though.  The nickname was really cute too. He didn't want to call her by a name that everyone else called her by so he came up with a nickname just for hum.

Alyssa did a fantastic job with this book.  It's uniqueness and originality is what I love about this book.  Flight had so many twists and turns to it that it left me shell shocked and gasping.  I still can't believe what Levi did to Allie.  In a way it was romantic, but in another way I probably would have hurt him.  I don't blame her being angry at him.  It just shows that he will do anything to keep and protect her.  The ending did leave off with a cliffhanger.  The cliffhanger definitely let me wanting more.  I am so glad I get to start Focus right after Flight.




Book links to Flight (Crescent Chronicles, #1) –



 

No comments:

Post a Comment